What do you offer?
- We offer Salt Therapy treatment and the best relaxation time ever. Our Salt Room is made of 15 tons of Polish and Himalayan salt. The environment inside is perfect for people with all kinds of respiratory problems; asthma, allergies, sinusitis, COPD, etc...
How long is the session?
-Every session lasts 45 minutes. We offer private and public sessions.
What should I wear?
- Regular comfortable clothes; attire which would be appropriate for a public place. No bathing suits. This is not a salt pool, it is a breathing treatment. Also, you cannot wear shoes in our Salt Room. We provide shoe/foot covers or you can bring fresh, white socks. No bare feet allowed. Please bring socks for children as well.
What is the temperature in the cave?
- The air temperature is 75F , humidity is less that 50%. There is no steam and you will not sweat during the session. Makeup will remain perfect. If you should feel chilly we provide blankets.
What do I do during the session?
-During your 45 minute therapeutic session you will improve your health and mood by breathing air that is saturated with beneficial minerals, while relaxing in comfortable recliners and listening to soothing music.
Will the salt harm my cell phone or any of my belongings?
-The salt will not damage any of your belongings but since this is a quiet session, we ask that you not bring any noisy electronic devices or else you must turn them off completely. Also, do not start any conversation during the session. This is meditation or resting time. You cannot disturb other clients.
Can I bring a child with me?
- There is no age limit for Salt Therapy. The youngest client was 21 days old! However, we offer separate sessions for children where they are not expected to remain quiet. Children must be accompanied by parents and reservations are required!
What is a public or private session?
- We can accommodate up to 8 people in each public or private session. When you schedule as part of a public session you will be in the salt room with other people. For an extra charge you can schedule a private session and have the entire room just for you and your party, this may include children.
Do I need to make a reservation for a Salt Therapy session?
- We strongly recommend that you schedule an appointment due to limited seating. However walk-ins are still welcomed. Please always specify how many people are coming with you and if any are under the age of 12. Ages 12 and under may be scheduled in a children’s/family session. Reservations for children are required! To schedule an appointment please call us at 757-229-1022.
What is the size of the Salt Room?
-Our Salt Room is 400sq. ft. and very spacious but there are no windows. If you are claustrophobic please visit us to take a look at the room before you schedule your appointment.
Can I bring something to drink?
-No drinks are allowed in the Salt Room. If you have any health conditions and you must have something to drink please bring only bottled water. No cups, no coffee, no soda. Also, we have a water machine in the waiting room and you are more than welcome to have a drink before and after the session.
Can I bring something to read?
-The lights are dimmed at the start of the session and it is too dark for most to read.
Why do I have to arrive 10 minutes before the session?
-Since we must start our session exactly on the hour it is very important that everyone arrive early enough to sign the disclaimer, use the restroom (we have three waterfalls inside the salt room) and change their shoes. If you arrive late and the salt therapy session was started, you cannot take part in the session. If you booked a private session, we will start the session whenever your group is ready but your session will end at the originally scheduled time so the following session may begin on time.
I saw the info about a massage in the salt room. How does this work?
- Our special is a 45 minute Swedish massage during a private Salt Therapy session. This means we book the entire Salt Room just for you and the massage therapist. Because it is our special deal we don't offer it every day, all day. Reservation is required.
What about the Massage Room?
- In February 2012 we opened our Massage Room. It is a separate room in our spa with more availability for massages. Keep in mind, this is not a Salt Room, so you will not receive a breathing treatment like you would during a massage in the Salt Room. However we offer a variety of different massages, for longer times at cheaper rates in our massage room.
Is credit card information required to hold any appointments?
-Credit card information is not required to reserve space in a public salt therapy session. However we do require a credit card in order to reserve massage appointments and private sessions. When full hours are booked for massages or private sessions, we often have to turn away other customers for those times, especially, since we have only one salt room and one massage room. If a client did not provide sufficient cancelation notice (24hours) we would have lost other potential customers. We respect our clients and we ask they please respect us and our time as well.
I saw the coupon “Two Pack” in the magazine. Is it for massages?
-No, our coupon “Two Pack for Adults or Seniors” is for one Salt Therapy session for two people, not for a couple’s massage.